Sunday, November 25, 2012

Holy Ghost Gifts


1)                  The gift from the Holy Spirit that I feel is most at work in my life is Counsel. Throughout the day everybody faces many choices and you need counsel to make the right decision. If I didn’t make some right decisions I wouldn’t be as far in life as I am now. I need counsel everyday if I’m going to be a good person and Christian and live as I should. The second gift that I use the most is Understanding. When dealing with a lot of people on a daily basis you really need understanding. Understanding allows me to bring my knowledge of the scriptures my knowledge of others into my life. It affects how I deal with certain people or problems. The third gift that I use the most is Fear of the Lord. Everyone needs this gift throughout their life as it keeps them from continuingly committing sin. It keeps me and others from committing those small sins that there aren’t any laws against. All of these gifts work together in a way. You can use each one to handle a person or situation in the right way and live a good life. These gifts and the others have always been a part of my life and have kept me knowing where the right path is.
2)      The gift that I need most in life right now is Fortitude. There are many things going one in my life right now and I need strength to get through them. This time in life is a time of temptations and struggles and no one can get through them alone. Seghers says that fortitude is the power to be patient, brave, and gives us the determination to persevere. With all the things that life throws at me, I need all three now. Nothing is more important at this point than to have the will to keep going. Many might give up and sometimes it feels like you need the power of God himself to keep going and that’s why I need fortitude. I have always used the other gifts throughout my life and they have all had their times but this is the time when I need fortitude. Certain moments may appear where I need more understanding than usual but fortitude is the overall gift that I need these days. I will continue to use the others and will always need them so that I can be the person that I want to be but I need fortitude so that I can continue to use these other gifts within my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment